One of the Most Difficult Aspects of Divorce
One of the most costly and complicated aspects of divorce is Marital Property Distribution. The anxiety associated with losing assets or depleting funds while fighting for assets is often a hindrance to filing for divorce. Florida Family Law Clinic gives families the option to hire an affordable property distribution attorney who will offer competent and affordable legal services.
What Is ‘Equitable Distribution’?
Since Florida is an “equitable distribution” state, the marital property should be divided in an equitable fashion. What is often misunderstood is that the term equitable does not mean equal, but fair. FFLC is the sound choice when it comes to an affordable property distribution attorney in Florida because this Florida family law firm will fight for the assets you deserve.
By commissioning the services of a low cost family law attorney in the early stages of a case, you may be able to prevent future obstacles by reaching a reasonable settlement on property and debt issues prior to finalizing a divorce. Mediation is standard across the state of Florida, whereby parties can attempt to resolve their issues with the help of a neutral third party, avoiding the impersonal and sometimes harsh judgments issued by courts.
Factors Considered by the Florida Courts
Below is a list of the main factors that Florida courts consider:
- The contribution to the marriage by each spouse, including contributions to the care and education of the children and services as homemaker
- The economic circumstances of the parties
- The duration of the marriage
- Any interruption of personal careers or educational opportunities of either party
- The contribution of one spouse to the personal career or educational opportunity of the other spouse
- The desirability of retaining any asset, including an interest in a business, corporation, or professional practice, intact and free from any claim or interference by the other party
- The contribution of each spouse to the acquisition, enhancement, and production of income or the improvement of, or the incurring of liabilities to, both the marital assets and the nonmarital assets of the parties
- The desirability of retaining the marital home as a residence for any dependent child of the marriage, or any other party, when it would be equitable to do so, it is in the best interest of the child or that party, and it is financially feasible for the parties to maintain the residence until the child is emancipated or until exclusive possession is otherwise terminated by a court of competent jurisdiction (In making this determination, the court shall first determine if it would be in the best interest of the dependent child to remain in the marital home; and, if not, whether other equities would be served by giving any other party exclusive use and possession of the marital home)
- The intentional dissipation, waste, depletion, or destruction of marital assets after the filing of the petition or within 2 years prior to the filing of the petition
- Any other factors necessary to do equity and justice between the parties
Florida Family Law Clinic’s low cost family law services are optimized to help individuals deal with all family legal matters. In most cases, marital property distribution is just one portion of a final divorce settlement. The State of Florida has many laws that require parties to enter agreements for their assets, child support, spousal support or alimony and custody and visitation agreements to ensure that all parties, especially the children, have their best interests fairly represented.
Don’t let pettiness or the fear of conflict deter you from fighting for what is rightfully yours. Call FFLC today at 954-354-7470 to speak with an experienced and affordable property distribution attorney in Florida who can advise you about your rights.+
You Are Not Alone. We Can Help.
The complicated issues surrounding marital property distribution and other family law matters can be extremely challenging. Let us help. We offer a free initial telephone consultation — just call 954-354-7470 for information. For your added convenience, we also offer evening and weekend appointments, and we accept all major credit cards.Feel secure and confident in the decisions you make concerning you and your family. To speak with an affordable property distribution attorney contact us today.